Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Whatever the other shore is....Get There!





It's time...no it's past time...to bring this blog up to date.  It's shame on me for letting it slip since having this blog was my idea.  I kneel in repentance but am on my feet again to go forward with making this blog a place where our Writer's Group can express themselves though writing.

Let's make this a spot to explore our stories....use it as a way to find different means of creative expression...whether it's turning a piece of memoir into fiction...using the blog to try out a story...any story..maybe.only in dialogue....or perhaps in verse...or any way in which our writing might be different than what we've been used to.  Let's get creative.

I've been inspired by so much of what I've read this summer....essays, written in unusual and engaging ways.... and fiction which has taken me to places I've never considered going....and I've been inspired these past few days by the endurance swimmer, Diana Nyad who at 64 swam 110 miles from Havana to Key West.  Her fifth attempt...she didn't give up and I'll use her quote....

"Whatever the other shore is....Get There!"

No comments:

Post a Comment